Andrew acts for a diverse range of private businesses, high net-wealth individuals and family groups.
Andrew acts for a diverse range of private businesses, high net-wealth individuals and family groups. He specialises in business structuring, tax disputes and complex tax issues.
Andrew has been a Director of Velocity Legal since the firm was founded in 2016 and was appointed Managing Director on 1 July 2021. He is passionate about leading by example, getting wins for his clients and solving difficult legal issues.
Andrew holds a Bachelor of Commerce and a Bachelor of Laws from Monash University, a Masters of Law from the University of Melbourne and is a Chartered Tax Advisor with the Tax Institute. He is an active contributor in the tax community, and frequently publishes his insights through his blog ‘Life, Death and Taxes’. Andrew is also a regular presenter, through forums including the Tax Institute, the Institute of Public Accountants, CPA Australia, the Television Education Network, Legalwise and TaxTalks.
- Managing a complex CGT dispute on behalf of a taxpayer in relation to a $20m+ tax assessment.
- Advising on the application of the small business CGT concessions in a variety of complicated and novel circumstances.
- Advising on the internal restructure and reorganisation of a cross-border tech business with an enterprise value of $5m+.
- Managing a complex and long running Division 7A audit.
- Approaching the ATO in relation to numerous private rulings, objections and voluntary disclosures.
- Advising on the taxation implications of a $30m+ property development in Victoria.