Franchising is complex and heavily regulated. We will help you to avoid the legal traps.
Franchising is a unique relationship. It requires a high degree of trust given that the franchisor and franchisee both play a key role in attaining success. For this reason, it is critical that the foundations for the relationship are set appropriately, and that each party is kept accountable.
Are you a franchisor? We can assist you with:
- establishing a new franchise network;
- preparing, amending and modernising your Franchise Agreement;
- managing your existing franchise network – including dealing with incoming and outgoing franchisees;
- advice on compliance with the Franchising Code of Conduct;
- competition and consumer law issues;
- resolving disputes with franchisees; and
- employment, leasing, tax and other commercial issues.
Are you a franchisee? We can assist you with:
- advice on your Franchise Agreement;
- advice on your premises lease;
- resolving disputes;
- buying or selling a franchised business; and
- employment law, leasing, tax and other commercial issues.
Our lead contact, Greg Thomas, acts for several prominent franchisors. He also acts for a significant number of franchisees.
Greg has a remarkable track record and approaches every matter with care and pragmatism. His wealth of experience helps him to find solutions to the most complex franchising issues.
Irrespective of whether you are a franchisor or franchisee, our team will work tirelessly to protect your best interests.