Rajan is all about tax structuring and restructuring.
Rajan started his career in tax in 2006 and has since amassed significant expertise in advising small to medium enterprises and privately owned businesses on complex taxation matters.
His particular interests include complex business restructuring, property development, international taxation and trust law matters. In addition, Rajan has a wealth of experience in advising on state revenue and income tax matters generally as well as managing complex disputes with the Australian Taxation Office and state revenue authorities.
Rajan regularly presents to members of the CPA and IPA and enjoys sharing his knowledge and expertise in tax with his colleagues, friends and other members of the profession. Rajan holds a Bachelor of Commerce, Bachelor of Laws and a Master of Laws from the University of Melbourne and is a Chartered Tax Advisor with The Tax Institute.
- Managing and advising on a major corporate restructure for a privately owned group valued at $300m.
- Advising on taxation implications of various property development projects ranging up to $20m in value.
- Advising on tax residency matters, including the management of residency disputes with the ATO.
- Tax advice in relation to all manner of business restructures, including the use of CGT rollovers, small business CGT concessions and stamp duty concessions.
- Approaching the ATO in relation to numerous private rulings, objections and voluntary disclosures.