Mediation can be an excellent way of resolving a business dispute. We help you to strategically undertake mediation, with the intent of securing a swift and sensible outcome.
Business disputes regularly arise. These disputes have the potential to create significant financial consequences if they are not resolved promptly.
There are several ways to resolve a business dispute and mediation can used as a form of alternative dispute resolution which is generally less expensive and less formal than going to court. Business partner mediation essentially involves an expert mediator facilitating discussions between the parties involved in the dispute. The aim of mediation is to resolve the dispute in a fair and sensible manner agreeable to both parties.
Approaching mediation in a strategic and pragmatic manner can significantly increase your prospects of achieving a fair outcome. We can guide you through the process and help you to move forward with confidence, irrespective of who you are in a dispute with - whether a business partner, customer, supplier, service provider or otherwise.
We assist with business dispute mediation, including:
- representing you at mediation;
- providing you with legal advice regarding the dispute;
- strategic planning in preparation for mediation;
- formulating without prejudice offers to resolve the dispute both before, after and during the mediation;
- providing you with details about your options if mediation fails to resolve the matter; and
- preparing a Settlement Deed to document a mutually agreed resolution.
We also assist with business partner disputes more generally.
Our usual approach is to:
- provide you with a clear and transparent quote;
- have an initial discussion about the dispute, your desired outcome and other key factors which may impact our approach;
- provide advice regarding the legal boundaries for the business dispute (including exploring what we can potentially use as leverage, and what may be used against you);
- collaborate with you to develop a strategy plan; and
- methodically execute the plan and adapt where necessary.
Our advice will not focus narrowly on money. We consider the broader context – including factoring in the amount of time invested, energy consumed, and distraction caused by the dispute. That being said, if obtaining a certain amount of money is important to you, we will relentlessly pursue that for you.