Child Support can be confusing and at times overwhelming to navigate. We can help you make informed decisions by assisting you with understanding how your child support is determined.
There are various options available to parents to formalise child support, directly with the other parent, via Services Australia (Child Support) Assessment or via Departure Orders made in the Federal Circuit and Family Court of Australia. Adult Child Maintenance, payable for children over the age of 18, may also be applicable in certain circumstances.
We can assist you with any query or advice you require relating to:
- negotiating child support terms and drafting a Limited or Binding Child Support Agreement to properly formalise agreed arrangements;
- applications for review and avenues for varying child support Assessments of Services Australia (Child Support);
- child support or child maintenance involving a parent living overseas;
- departure Applications to the Federal Circuit and Family Court of Australia;
- Enforcement Applications for unpaid child support pursuant to a Limited or Binding Child Support Agreement; and
- Adult Child Maintenance Orders.
We understand how important it is to carefully consider your position following the breakdown of a relationship. Our approach is personalised. We believe in tailored and regular communication with our clients regarding the progress of their matter and the implementation of effective strategies to enable our clients to move on with their lives.