Tax-effective estate planning and the taxation of deceased estates (including testamentary trusts) can be complex. Our specialist team will help you to optimise after-tax outcomes and gain clarity on the tax implications so that you can make informed decisions.
Our tax team have a wealth of experience with estate/succession planning and deceased estate matters.
We assist with tax planning and provide tax advice relating to:
- the passing of deceased estate assets to legal personal representatives (‘LPRs’), trustees of testamentary trusts and beneficiaries;
- dealings by LPRs or trustees of a testamentary trusts in relation to deceased estate assets and income/gains relating to these assets;
- the administration of deceased estates by LPRs;
- the administration of testamentary trusts by trustees of those trusts;
- business succession plans, including buy/sell agreements;
- superannuation death benefits; and
- complex wills, estate planning and deceased estate matters, including (a) double-death scenarios, (b) the application of small business CGT concessions, (c) restructuring business/investment structures to achievesuccession planning objectives, and (d) residency issues.
Our usual approach is to:
- provide you with a clear and transparent fee quote;
- discuss your requirements, goals and desired outcomes;
- work collaboratively with other professional advisors;
- deliver our work to you in accordance with your wishes; and
- regularly update you and your professional advisors during the process.