Trusts are commonly used as a vehicle for private family groups, businesses and investment purposes. We help you to realise the opportunities and navigate the risks.
It is estimated that over 1 million trusts exist in Australia. Trusts are commonly used as a vehicle for private family groups, businesses and investment purposes. Despite their prevalence, trusts are notorious and involve the application of the terms of the relevant Trust Deed, trust law, taxation law and equity. Trusts can provide significant benefits if used correctly. We can help you to get it right.
We assist with:
- establishment – including:
- ~discretionary family trusts;
- ~bare trusts;
- ~unit trusts (fixed and non-fixed);
- ~hybrid trusts; and
- ~special disability trusts;
- variations – including changing trustees and varying the trust deed;
- succession planning;
- litigation – including claims by beneficiaries, trustees and third parties;
- tax disputes – including engaging with the ATO’s Trust Tax Avoidance Taskforce; and
- tax advice – including section 100A, trust distributions, and resident beneficiary issues.
Our usual approach is to:
- provide you with a clear and transparent fee quote;
- discuss your requirements, goals and desired outcomes;
- work collaboratively with other professional advisors;
- deliver our work to you in accordance with your wishes; and
- regularly update you and your professional advisors during the process.