A contract is the ultimate way of safeguarding yourself against risk. However, the devil is in the detail and a small handful of words (or an absence of those words) can create significant consequences. We will help you to protect what matters.
Contracts come in all shapes and sizes. However, irrespective of their form, they create danger if their terms are inadequate, unfair or not reflective of the understanding between the parties.
Our services include:
- preparing contracts;
- reviewing contracts;
- advising on rights and obligations under contracts (including potential breach of contract); and
- assisting with disputes in relation to contracts.
We commonly prepare and review:
- supply and distribution agreements;
- business transaction documents (e.g. business sale, share sale and asset sale);
- contracts between business partners (e.g. Shareholders Agreements, Unitholders Agreements and Partnership Agreements);
- loan agreements and other finance documents;
- commercial lease agreements;
- executive employment contracts and independent contractor agreements;
- terms of business and customer T&Cs; and
- franchise agreements and related documents.
We appreciate that small details in a contract can cause (or save you from) significant financial consequences. We also understand that there is too much at stake to simply provide you with generic ‘one size fits all’ documents in the hope that it hits the mark. You can expect a careful and nuanced approach from us.
Our usual approach is to:
- provide you with a clear and transparent fee quote;
- discuss your requirements, goals and desired outcomes;
- either review or prepare a contract with your objectives in mind; and
- discuss any items that you are not entirely comfortable with.
We will work tirelessly to ensure that you are only bound to contractual terms that are fair, reasonable and consistent with your understanding of the deal.