A poor performing or misbehaving employee can cause significant issues for employers. However, failure to adopt a methodical approach to their dismissal can make a bad situation even worse. Getting advice upfront on how to manage the dismissal strategically is the antidote.
A problematic employee can cause a ripple effect of damage throughout a business. They may not only cause issues for their direct manager, but also for other employees, their colleagues and for customers. Failing to take appropriate action in a prompt, lawful and delicate manner can result in these issues compounding.
We assist employers with:
- managing the dismissal of an employee;
- mitigating risks in relation to unfair dismissal and other employment claims;
- protecting the business after the dismissal is communicated (including confidential information); and
- situations involving multiple dismissals.
When managing complex dismissals, we:
- provide you with a clear and transparent quote;
- discuss your objectives and the potential sensitivities for the dismissal;
- work closely with you to design a strategy which mitigates risks; and
- implement the strategy and adapt where necessary.
We understand that dismissing an employee is a challenging process. Our focus is unashamedly on protecting your business. We pride ourselves on acting promptly, pragmatically and strategically.