Transactions can be exciting, but it can be easy to fall into legal traps. We help you to navigate the transaction and achieve the best possible commercial outcome.
Business transactions come in different shapes and sizes. Some of the variables include:
- transaction type – sale of shares, sale of units, sale of a business, sale of assets, joint venture or merger;
- price structure – as one example, the price may be paid after settlement based on the post-settlement performance of the business (i.e. an ‘earn out’ arrangement); and
- commercial teams – the commercial terms of the deal can give a transaction its own unique flavour. The possibilities are endless, as the precise intentions of the parties will dictate the boundaries of the legal rights and obligations of the parties.
We offer the full suite of support for business transactions. This includes:
- pre-transaction preparation;
- initial negotiations and due diligence support;
- contract preparation, refinement and execution; and
- support with the pathway to Completion.
We have an enviable track record with business transactions.
Our usual approach is to:
- provide a clear and transparent quote;
- collaborate with you to understand your objectives and pressure points for the transaction;
- develop a transaction strategy based on your objectives; and
- implement the transaction strategy (including preparing or reviewing transaction contracts), and adapt when necessary.
Our approach is unashamedly pragmatic and commercially minded. We view the legal issues with the commercial backdrop in mind. We don’t let irrelevant technicalities (or our ego) get in the way of securing your desired outcome.
Our advice is clear, simple and actionable. Legal jargon can impair your ability to make good decisions. So, we focus on cutting through the complexity and allowing you to see the full picture.
We tailor our approach depending on the deal. Some transactions require open and transparent collaboration with the other side. Others require tenacious and robust negotiations. We appreciate that a carefully tailored approach can make the difference between a deal proceeding or falling over.
Whatever the nature of the deal, you will want us in your corner and not on the other side.