Robert is an experienced commercial lawyer.
Robert is an experienced commercial lawyer who takes a client-centric approach with everything he does.
He has assisted large, SME, start-up, government, and not-for-profit clients across diverse industries, including technology and software; e-commerce; financial services; professional services; retail; hospitality; media; entertainment; and sports.
Robert is dedicated to helping clients on their growth journey, including advising on co-ownership and joint venture arrangements, capital raising, acquisitions and disposals, and complex commercial contracts. He is particularly interested in businesses that develop or implement technology to solve everyday problems and create better consumer experiences.
Robert is also an accomplished musician, having completed a music degree prior to his law and business degrees. Along with music, he enjoys running, cycling ,and exploring the outdoors in his spare time.
Robert's recent experience includes:
- Advising a major sustainable skincare brand on the sale of their global intellectual property assets.
- Advising an AI focused technology business on a cornerstone software and services transaction with a major Australian quick service retail chain.
- Advising an early stage e-commerce business on their investment and collaboration arrangements with a US private equity firm.
- Advising various start-up technology companies on their capital raising, including preparation of term sheets and long form transaction documents.
- Advising companies, directors and shareholders on sale and exit arrangements, including where the parties are in dispute.
- Preparing various commercial agreements, including shareholders agreements, call/put option agreements, licence agreements, service agreements, distribution/reseller agreements, referral agreements, and sponsorship and promotion agreements.