Jess' flexibility and breadth of practice allows her to tirelessly pursue her client's objectives.
Jess is not your average lawyer. Working in our commercial, disputes and employment teams, she is in tune with the often complex intersection of business requirements.
Jess' litigation work has seen her appear in state and federal courts, the Administrative Appeals Tribunal and the Fair Work Commission. She also has a thriving practice working with registered training organisations (RTOs).
Jess works tirelessly to help her clients achieve their objectives, and injects genuine passion into her work. Jess also has a green thumb. Whether it is in the garden or at work, Jess is always prepared to find pragmatic solutions to any challenges that arise.
- Acting for the purchaser in a confidential $10m+ share sale transaction..
- Acting for the vendor in a confidential $10m+ business sale transaction.
- Advising universities on the implementation of a complex software system and drafting software implementation agreement.
- Advising RTOs on internal and external review of Australian Skills Quality Authority (ASQA) decisions, including at the Administrative Appeals Tribunal.
- Advising RTOs on government funding contracts.
- Acting for employers in complex potential dismissals.
- Acting for an employer in defending a general protections claim which included allegations of sexual harassment.
- Representing the defendant in an application for security for costs (Admiralty Resources NL v Australis Mining Ltd  VSC 33).