Edward loves all things law, particularly commercial and employment law. He enjoys thinking outside the box and is driven by achieving the best outcomes for his clients. Outside of work, Edward enjoys cooking up a storm and playing for his basketball team on Thursday nights.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
- Commercial Law;
- Employment Law;
- Probate and estate administration;
- Trademarks; and
- Purchase and sale of property.
- Advising on and registering a charitable foundation with the Australian Taxation Office and the Australian Charities and Not-for-profits Commission;
- Advising on and preparing contracts of sale of land through to settlement of the property;
- Assisting senior lawyers advising registered training organisations on review of decisions of the Australian Skills Quality Authority;
- Drafting wills and preparing probate applications;
- Preparing trade mark applications; and
- Debt recovery.
Latest Insights from Edward
Unfair Contract Terms Insights by Edward Hart (Associate), Scott McKenzie (Director), Velocity LegalNew draft legislation has both extended and clarified existing Unfair Contract Term (UCT) protections in Australia. The changes ensure that the UCT protections...
Working from home during a COVID-19 lockdown: can you claim a tax deduction for rent? By Andrew Henshaw and Fiona Bucknall, Velocity Legal The ATO has long held firm on the principle that rent payments (being a form of occupancy costs) are generally outgoings ‘of a...
PODCAST: Business Breakups Insights by Scott McKenzieInsight Author...SCOTT MCKENZIE Director Scott has been recognised as a leading commercial lawyer in Australia. He is held in high regard for his strategic mindset and is renowned for being technically sharp....
NEW ‘INTEGRITY’ MEASURES FOR THE SMALL BUSINESS CGT CONCESSIONS – SIGNIFICANT CHANGES WHEN SELLING SHARES OR UNITS By Andrew Henshaw, John Storey and Rajan VermaTreasury has recently released draft legislation that significantly restricts the availability of the small...