John is an expert at solving complex tax, business and succession issues.
John is a self-confessed tax nerd and is an expert at solving complex tax, business and succession issues. He has a wealth of legal and practical business experience and he knows how to get results for his clients.
John was formerly a Partner in a national law firm and was previously the Managing Director of Velocity Legal prior to Andrew Henshaw stepping into the role.
John regularly presents on topical tax issues for the Tax Institute, CPA Australia and the Institute of Public Accountants. John was formerly a tax trainer with a national training organisation and is experienced at explaining difficult tax and legal concepts in an easy to understand and user friendly way.
John enjoys jogging, 4X4ing, camping, reading and NBA basketball. He is also an avid history buff and has published a book on military history titled 'Big Wars: Why Do They Happen and When Will the Next One Be?'.
- Settling a complex CGT dispute on behalf of a taxpayer in respect to the sale of shares in a company worth in excess of $100m.
- Advising on business co-ownership agreements for the merger of two businesses and the injection of new equity capital into existing businesses.
- Advising on the small business CGT concessions in a variety of complicated and novel circumstances.
- Managing a complex and long-running tax residency dispute with the ATO including dealing with ATO settlement panels.
- Advising on the income tax, CGT and GST implications of several major residential development projects in Victoria.