With over 30 years’ experience as a commercial lawyer, Greg is someone you can trust. He has experience acting for both corporate and private clients in complex transactions. Greg’s priority is providing practical and effective advice which meets his clients’ needs. Outside of the office, Greg keeps up with sports and is always partial to a great Netflix series.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
- Mergers & Acquisitions;
- Estate and Succession Planning;
- Business restructuring;
- Co-ownership (shareholder/unitholder) advice;
- Commercial Leasing;
- Competition and Consumer Law; and
- Commercial Contracts.
- Advising a franchisor in the establishment of a franchise network that has grown to 15 franchisees including preparation and management of all necessary franchise documentation, disputes and Franchising Code compliance;
- Acting for a franchisor with over 75 franchisees;
- Conducting extensive due diligence on the acquisition of a multinational company;
- Advising executors in a dispute over a $15m+ estate;
- Acting for a purchaser in the acquisition of shares in a private company for a consideration of $30m+;
- Acting for vendor franchisor in the sale of a franchise network for a consideration of $10m+; and
- acting for a vendor in the sale of business and business premises for a consideration of $25m+.
Latest Insights from GREG
NEW FRANCHISING CODE OF CONDUCT REFORMS: WHAT DO THEY MEAN FOR FRANCHISORS AND FRANCHISEES? By Greg Thomas and Fiona Bucknall, Velocity LegalOn 1 June 2021, amendments to the Competition and Consumer (Industry Codes – Franchising) Regulation 2014 (Franchising Code)...
NEW ‘INTEGRITY’ MEASURES FOR THE SMALL BUSINESS CGT CONCESSIONS – SIGNIFICANT CHANGES WHEN SELLING SHARES OR UNITS By Andrew Henshaw, John Storey and Rajan VermaTreasury has recently released draft legislation that significantly restricts the availability of the small...