Fiona joins Velocity Legal as a paralegal while completing her Bachelor of Laws/Bachelor of Arts degree at Monash University. With a particular interest in employment law, she is competent in researching complex legal issues and drafting technical advice. What she lacks in years she makes up for in her passion for learning and constant self-improvement.
Fiona has practice management experience from her previous firm and is a planner at heart. Outside of work, she is always planning her next big adventure, whether it’s to Bosnia or Bendigo. She also has a love of international relations and can be found poring through non-fiction books in her spare time.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
- Employment law (including dismissals, restructuring, and Award coverage);
- Workplace policies;
- Practice Management; and
- Legal assistance and research.
- Assisting Principal with numerous complex dismissals and restructures;
- Drafting a tailored Drug & Alcohol Policy for a small business, having regard to recent case law; and
- Preparing seminars on topics such as “Redundancy in a COVID-19 World”.
Latest Insights from Fiona
Not all self-education expenses are created equal – a reminder from Khan and Commissioner of Taxation
Not all self-education expenses are created equal – a reminder from Khan and Commissioner of Taxation By Andrew Henshaw and Fiona Bucknall, Velocity Legal Wanting to claim a tax deduction for self-education expenses? Unfortunately, not all self-education expenses are...
Victoria’s extension to the commercial tenancies rent relief scheme and what it means for you. Insights by Emma Milne (Senior Associate), Scott McKenzie (Director), and Rajan Verma (Director), Velocity Legal The regulations extending the operation of the COVID-19...